Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Not an original title but...

I've been visiting friends' blogs and live journals. Lots of folk seem to have found 2006 traumatic. It certainly hasn't been an easy year for us with serious family problems, deaths and ill health not to mention the on-going world troubles, but a lot of good things have happened too. Pisces, who always sees the cup half empty, may not agree but on a personal level I think we've weathered it well. Hey I even managed to pretty much carry out my last year's New Year's resolutions and, given this is the first time I've ever actually made any, that's got to be good. Besides I got into Clarion South, didn't I. Not much could top that in the writing area.

As for Clarion with only five days before I leave I'm pretty much focused on that. I have lists everywhere and everything is going so well that I'm starting to feel nervous.

Apart from the luxury (followed by exhaustion I gather from the blogs of previous attendees) of being in a writing world for a few weeks I'm hoping to catch up with cousins who live in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast, not easy when you live on opposite sides of a continent.

OK: got my ticket, laptop and a couple of suitcases ready to be filled. Yep I'm ready. All I have to do now is find and pack some ideas.

While I'm thinking about that a happy New Year to you all.

No comments: