Wednesday, April 01, 2015

A-Z Blogging Challenge: April 1

I had all sorts of plans for today's post - don't worry, I'm sure they'll be used later - but first I opened my Facebook news feed. Then I realised it's April 1 and that this was probably not a wise thing to do. April 1 is April Fools' Day, after all, and once I had read about a dozen posts, some of which are simply surreal, I realised I have no idea which of the more outlandish ones are genuine and which are having me on. The trouble is as a speculative fiction writer - and consequently with many friends who are also speculative fiction writers - I get a lot of posts which feed into our mutual interests. They can be serious science, historical research, speculative fantasies, political commentary or even works of art. By and large, anything that can feed our imaginations fascinates us and gets posted along with the more mundane minutiae of life. Most days it's easy enough to work out which is which but today, with so many creative people playing mind games, it wasn't quite that simple.

As a result normal posting will resume tomorrow. In the meantime, though, I'm sure this little fennec fox and friend is real. Oh the cuteness. Who says animals don't have friendships.

4 comments:

Book Dragon said...

That was actually a good A. I keep forgetting that there might be a problem today.

Somebody get that fox and younger cat! One that wants to play. Too cute

I'm #1400 today (BO with a little AC) and blog at The Lair

Helen V. said...

Nice to hear from you, Book Dragon. I loved that little fox.

Christine London said...

I am just now going through colleagues blogs and it never occurred some might be pranks. Thanks for the heads up---I think ;)

Cheers and have fun with A-Z

Helen V. said...

It didn't occur to me either until I found a really weird collection of Facebook posts, Christine London. Turned out most were genuine, too.