Monday, March 02, 2009

Clarion South Fundraising Appeal

Clarion South are holding a fundraising appeal during March.

I cannot over-emphasise how much my attendance at Clarion South has impacted on my life. I learned so much about writing and professional skills as well as gaining a support group and friends who I believe will stay with me for the rest of my life. The care taken of us by Kate, Rob, Heather and Bob (all volunteers) was extraordinary in its generosity.

You can make a donation by going to here or help by advertising the appeal on your blog, LJ, Facebook, My Space etc. Further information about the workshop and the appeal can be found at http://www.clarionsouth.org.

Please consider giving to this cause or promoting it where you can. It may seem less important than the other appeals where people have lost their livelihoods and homes but it is an investment in the next generation of speculative fiction writers. You only have to look at the list of graduates to see how many are now making a career for themselves and giving pleasure to others in the process.

No comments: