Thursday, July 12, 2007

Writing, Writing, Writing

I've spent much of the last few days critting for others as well as revising those of my own stories not currently making their way through the system and generally getting them ready to send out. It's interesting how much suddenly becomes visible after a break from a story. Typos jump out, convoluted sentences confuse even me and sections I thought were as good as they could be snag holes and the story unravels into ladders. The good bit is that all of this is fixable. The scary bit is that I missed them in the first place.

1 comment:

Laura E. Goodin said...

"The scary bit is that I missed them in the first place." That's what keeps ME up at night, I have to tell you. The spectre of lack of self-knowledge is about the scariest thing in the whole writing thing. I live in terror that everyone knows I suck except me. ("Poor thing. God, did you see her last story? What was she thinking?")