Friday, October 16, 2020

Friends In Low Places

 I've had this song stuck in my head for a couple of weeks ever since I watched the Celtic Thunder version with Ryan Kelly as the soloist.




While I enjoyed that performance I have no idea why the song got itself so embedded since I wasn't a great fan of the Garth Brookes original but there you go.  

Then last night it suddenly struck me that it would work very well as a cappella and it turns out I'm not the only one who's had that thought.  Here is country music a cappella group Home Free and their cover of Friends in Low Places. Enjoy.




2 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

It can be annoying to get a tune imprinted on one's bran so that you keep humming it to yourself whether you want to or not.

Helen V. said...

It is, David, but at least this song has an interesting form. I suspect that it's part of why it's firmly in my head. I hope your surgery went well.