Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A-Z Blog Challenge: P is for Pineapple

A few months ago I posted this photo - and left what it was as something of a
mystery. Somewhat to my surprise no-one guessed what it was.




So here it is, now fully grown. It was one of three pineapples I managed to harvest this year - and the first I've ever grown. We have had an extremely hot summer so that they survived is something of a miracle. But survive they did - and they were quite delicious.

Their tops are now planted into pots along with another small sucker and we look forward to another harvest from these in two years.

Not that we'll have to wait that long for more pineapples from our garden. There are a number of others we're expecting to fruit next summer.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! Here today via sign up A to Z list. Happy blogging!
Best Wishes,
Annette

My A2Z @ Annette's Place | Follow Me On Twitter

Helen V. said...

Hi Annette. Nice of you to drop by.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...love fresh pineapple but never grown my own.

Just stopping by as part of the A to Z challenge.

Jo said...

I love pineapple. I buy it cut into thick slices, not rounds. Too lazy to deal with the fruit itself.

Helen V. said...

Nice to meet you, Susan. Pineapple is delicious, isn't it. One of my favourite tropical fruits.

Helen V. said...

We don't see it here in thick slices, Jo. Some fruiterers cut it up to put in a mixed pack with different melon slices but it's always thin and tends to be dried out so I avoid it.