I've just saved today's work onto a couple of memory sticks. The current word count for my rewritten and edited chapters (give or take a few bits I have yet to extract like choosing between alternative chapter headings) is 116,333.
I estimate I have about another 20,000 to go. (It has to be an estimate because as I rewrite whole sections get discarded but others expand. Boy do they expand!) In the process I have found some minor plot flaws and fixed them and generally tidied up. Of the remaining chapters one has already been fairly well edited and the remaining four need a lot of attention. But I'm so near the end now that I can almost believe I am going to make it by my self-imposed deadline.
Wish me luck.