Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Getting closer...

Clarion I mean although Christmas is alarmingly near as well.

I went through my stash of prezzies today and discovered to my surprise that I actually had almost every one I need. Pisces has decided he wants clothes. I'm not sure why given he has more than I do but to accommodate his wishes Virgo and I intend to take him shopping in the week following Christmas when we actually have time when we all are not working. Now all I have to do is wrap the remaining gifts.

In the meantime all I have yet to get are prezzies for the pets. You have to make up for dressing them in Santa hats and scarfs somehow. Jaz, born to pose as soon as she sees a camera, is quite cooperative to start with although her patience wears thin eventually but you have never seen anything as cute as a Cavalier King Charles spaniel in Christmas splendour. Cadillac, on the other hand, is humiliated and glares at us, the dog and the world as only a cat can.

We're into Christmas cooking mode now the countdown is under way. 'Tis not only the season of goodwill and prezzies you know. Virgo has made up the truffle mixture for me to shape and freeze tonight and tomorrow we launch into shortbread, macaroons, Mrs Raffald's Chocolate puffs, (adapted from a recipe from the 1700s), and two treasures from the American Woman's Day. Unlike its Aussie counterpart this is not a collection of made up gossip and rumour but caters for a wide variety of women's interests. Every Christmas it has a Christmas edition with suggestions for gifts, recipes, crafts and decorations. We've been making Addictive Snack Mix and Sweet and Crunchy walnuts since 1992. It just wouldn't be Christmas without them.

So now you know how I am going to spend the next few days.

Happy Christmas to all.

No comments: