Sunday, June 13, 2021

For Your Pleasure

 a bearded iris in my garden. I found this beauty when I went outside to hang out some washing this morning - it's been raining or cloudy all week so sunlight's been in short supply. Since my recent surgery I have been strictly forbidden to do pretty much anything in the garden so a flower like this, capturing the light, is a lovely way to lift the spirits. The good news is that, as of now,  I've been cleared to get out and garden to my heart's content so - as long as there are gaps in the rain - the garden is where you'll find me for the next few days. 



2 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

On balance I think I prefer my Irises without beards! Miriam can have a bearded David in her bed, garden or otherwise, any time she wants!

Imagine Me said...

I'm fond of any kind of iris, David. I'm sure Miriam wil let you know about anything else.