Saturday, January 23, 2021

Random Bits

 This is not so much a post, more a collection of what happened/is happening or interests me at this moment.

One thing is Joe Biden's inauguration as US President went off without disruption which is good for USA stability and therefore for the rest of us. What happens next there - well, we'll just have to wait and see, won't we.

On a less planet affecting level here are a few things happening here. 

1. I found the remains - the hind legs and a bit of its gut - of one of the large motorbike frogs which live in my garden. This is strange because you'd expect any predator to have eaten the legs which are the most fleshy part of the creature.

2. I picked a tomato and found it full of tiny ants. I came in to tell Pisces I'd never seen such a thing before. Then I opened Facebook to find a memory from January 2012 about exactly the same thing.

3. Pisces and I went to lunch yesterday with another nine couples, most of whom have been getting together on a monthly basis for much of our adult lives. Many of us have been friends since our school or student days. When we married we formed a more formal group bringing in our respective partners. Over time some sadly have passed away and others have moved to different parts of the world but the core has always remained together. Virgo describes it as growing up with a whole lot of extra aunts, uncles and cousins. Thinking about it we've achieved something worthwhile here. 

4. Something has been been destroying my sweet corn plants. Whatever it is - and for once I don't think it's rats - has been shredding the stalks as soon as the plants reach the flowering stage. I suspect the galahs from the park have been visiting. Sigh.

5. We have enough ripe blueberries to pick for lunch! Yay!

2 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am very sorry to hear that my friends the Galahs are causing you problems. I will have a very stern talk to them, but I suspect it will not do much good!

Imagine Me said...

I do love the galahs, David, but they can be very destructive.