Tuesday, October 01, 2019

Eeeep!

So a few weeks ago I booked a window cleaner. I've mostly done these myself but not anymore. Too many aches and pains to make it possible and that's been the case for the past couple of years truth be told. Basically in that time it's just been hosing them down outside and doing the inside when it got irritating. Obviously this couldn't go on indefinitely and when I looked at the state of the sliding doors and their attendant windows looking out onto the verandah the other day I realised I had to do something. Doesn't sound so hard, does it.

And it wouldn't be except for the fact that someone - not me I hasten to add - regards window sills as storage spaces and below them an ideal place to put items of furniture (in his study he's lined up several filing cabinets for example). This means before the window cleaner comes we have to clear the way for him. The inside 'stuff' needs to be sorted and hopefully rehoused in more appropriate places but then there's the mess that's accumulated on part of the verandah - the bit under the window, of course. Himself thinks this space should double as a storage area and no sooner do I clear it than it refills.

It's not all down the other resident, I confess. Added to his accumulations I've been decluttering and so there's quite a bit that needs to be gone from the house. This is sitting in boxes to go to recycling, the charity shop or dare I say it, the tip and is waiting on someone who can drive to pick it up and get rid of it for me.

This all seemed quite feasible when I booked the window cleaner. It's not as if we live in a hoarder's hovel. In fact so we should've been able to achieve it 'in a canter' to quote our Prime Minister when he's talking about our government's inadequate climate change plans. But I've just looked at the calendar and in the build up to the date a fortnight off we have two lengthy medical appointments - both will take up around half a day by the time we factor in travel and waiting times, Pisces has an overnight hospital stay, I'm booked to go to a writer's meeting which will again take up most of half a day and which involves some time intensive preparation beforehand, we're meeting up with family for lunch before one of my nieces heads back overseas so that's likely to stretch out beyond lunch, there's a whole day extended family reunion and somewhere in there Virgo is due to give birth so there's likely to be child care with Miss Three and a Half for who knows how long.

As I said, 'Eeeep!'

No comments: