Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Updating

As I sent off yet another message yesterday apologising because I couldn't attend a social event due to health problems I thought I should fill you in on my life for the past eight months - and it hasn't been a bowl of cherries. I've posted about some of this before but in case you haven't seen much of me - my husband said the other day that the number of social events I've left the house to go to in that time wouldn't even fill up a count on one hand and he's right - here's a brief run down.

I've had three separate surgeries and one of these left me with severely compromised vision for close to five months. That has now resolved but was very scary. My vision is still deteriorating but with the help of a wonderful optometrist I can now see well enough to read and watch television and with luck this will stay at a level where I can function fairly independently for quite a while.

Then there was some major surgery from which I'm still recovering slowly. My surgeon has had me on very restricted activity for the past two and a half months and since I don't want to have to go through this again I'm being a very compliant patient.

Added to all this I've had a major flare up of an auto-immune disease I've had most of my life which has made physically doing even simple things very difficult. Walking any distance has been impossible and I've struggled to do something as simple as hold a sewing needle - my husband bought some new work pants three weeks ago and yesterday was the first time I could cope with pinning and sewing up the hems.

So, if anyone has been wondering where I've been and why I keep having to pull out of social activities now you know. With luck things will continue to improve. I certainly hope so because I'm more than a little fed up.

No comments: