Wednesday, March 20, 2019

So

the last five months have been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. What started out as simply having my cataracts removed set a whole other lot of 'stuff' in movement. It turned out my vision was deteriorating faster than expected after having been relatively stable for many years, This was a horrible shock as you can imagine and since then Pisces and I have been having to navigate through what this means and will mean for our lives.

The initial diagnosis was very scary and since my surgery I have had limited vision which meant I haven't been able to read without the aid of a magnifying glass and even then it was hard work. But now things are looking brighter after a visit to the optometrist. This visit has been postponed beyond the usual six weeks following surgery because I developed problems with inflammation in the second eye that was operated on and I had to wait until that settled before I could be assessed. The optometrist has been able to help by prescribing glasses that should make life much easier. The relief is huge because the prospect of having to continue as I have been was very worrying and this was on top of other health problems which also need to be addressed.

So there you have it. With the glasses I should be able to see well enough to live a full life again and once I've had some other surgery - scheduled for next week - I should be much more comfortable. I'm hoping my energy levels will also increase because with all the medical appointments and not being able to see a lot has gotten pretty out of hand around here. But now things are looking up and I have a list of what needs to be tackled. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

hope everything goes well with your eye...
have a great day

Helen V. said...

Thank you, Tanza.