Tuesday, July 06, 2021

Plants You Don't Expect To Find In A Winter Garden

I found these summer veggies - all volunteers - as I was weeding.


I didn't think to take this admittedly pretty awful photo of a French bean plant before I'd picked the handful of beans it had produced. I've actually already got more from this plant than from any of my beans last summer - and there are more to come. I like that there's a little Johnny Jump Up - Viola tricolour - nestled in near it. I grow them and borage for flowers for salads and to encourage the bees.





                         Then I discovered this optimistic capsicum. 



And finally this is one of three tomato plants.


Who knows - since it already has buds and if it survives the rest of the winter cold - I may get some early tomatoes.


No comments: