Monday, July 19, 2021

Oh No Where Did They Go?

 I'm talking about my Google Groups which I suddenly realised had disappeared when I wasn't getting any emails from them. Truth be told since most of them are just sitting there - or I should say were just sitting there -and haven't been active in a long time it could be quite a while since they were actually in place. I don't think I'll miss most of them - see the just sitting there remark above - or that anyone will miss me but there is one which I do interact with - it's the missing emails from that which alerted me - and I definitely want to be kept in touch with those in it. This is a group of fellow writers and we work together at critiquing and writerly advice so it's pretty important. Writers without honest feedback are not going to be able to give of their best, are they.

Fortunately the members of this group are also in contact in other ways so I reached out to one to get her to see what had happened. Bizarrely she found my email address was wrong - it was one I've never had or used so I don't know how it got there. She corrected it and I was invited to join the group. Great, I thought, I'll see if it's the same problem with the other groups.

Sadly this didn't work because the password I now use and any others back quite a way don't connect with either my current or the incorrect email. Oh well, as I have no more ideas as to what's happened or why, I don't think there's much else I can do. It's disappointing but there you go. Much as I love the internet the problem with anything online is that you don't have a physical way of connecting when something goes wrong - and in this case it has gone drastically wrong. Sigh.

No comments: