Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Mr Puss and HIs New Friend

 My cat is a strictly indoor dweller. He's always been very nervous as a result of early trauma before he came to live with us and has never shown any desire to leave the safety of the house. This pleases me since I decided some time ago - after one of my cats died a horrible death with feline AIDS - that any cat I had in the future would be an inside cat. That cat had always been brought in at night and had spent his days snoozing in the backyard but was still attacked by an intruding cat.

Puss has sunny window ledges where he can sun himself and there's plenty of room for him to run around and play with his toys. Now he's fourteen, though, there's considerably less running around and much more sleeping. Whenever he isn't settled by me next to the computer when I'm working his favourite snoozing spot has always been on the foot of my bed and that's where I usually find him.

That all changed to this a few days ago.





He's now found a new favourite place, snuggled next to my pillow with the teddy bear which nestles against my pillows for the delight of visiting grandchildren.

2 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I guess at fourteen he is entitled to a few extra snoozes.

Imagine Me said...

I agree, David.