Friday, March 12, 2021

Bits and Bobs

 1. About ten years ago Virgo gave me a cymbidium for Mother's Day. It has flowered every year since in May. This year it seems to be a little confused. As you can see from the photo below it's opened its first flower today.


.

2. A CT guided nerve root injection is not something I want to have done again. (I would, though, if the one I just had works and I was in that much pain again.) At the moment the jury is out as to whether it was worth the treatment because it can - so I'm told - take up to a week before you notice much difference.

3. Resetting the SMC on my laptop hasn't worked. It - the laptop - has developed the irritating habit of shutting down when the battery is still well charged - and the advice was that resetting said item would solve the problem. Nope.

4. While I was cutting back the leaves of my red hot poker plant - surprisingly for a plant from hot climes  it turns out not to like 40° C plus temperatures - I discovered a glorious rich lemon yellow fungus in the pot. Didn't think to take a photo - duh - but it looked something like this although the colour in these photos isn't anywhere near as vivid.

5. I went out to water the veggies and found that one of the pak choi plants that bolted to flower before I could use it has left me a gift. Eleven healthy looking little plants have come up.

6. Tomorrow we go to vote in our State election and Pisces is getting rather too excited at the prospect of a democracy sausage. For those from other parts of the world this is because most of our polling places are local schools and the P & C (Parents and Citizens Association) will be taking the opportunity to raise money by having stalls selling cakes and other items. One of these is usually a food stall where you can buy a grilled sausage in a bread roll or wrapped in a slice of buttered bread. Some places even offer you onion and sauces! This, my friends, is a democracy sausage. It's such an established custom that folk say they're going to get a democracy sausage instead of that they're going to vote.

 

2 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I hope that everyone enjoys their democracy sausage, and votes for the candidate with the environment uppermost in mind. If we don't get serious about tackling climate change we are not going to be here to worry about it.

Imagine Me said...

That's my hope, too, David.