Monday, December 30, 2019

Well That's One Person Who Reads My Blog

On Christmas Eve a friend I don't see often - he lives and works in Canberra now although he's originally from here and we used to work at the same place - called in during his visit home for Christmas. It was lovely to see him and Pisces and I had a very enjoyable catch up and chat. In the course of conversation he mentioned that he reads my blog. I was delighted to hear this because, although my stats (helpfully supplied by Blogger) show that people read my blog, they rarely comment on it so who they are is a mystery for the most part. I do link to the blog on Facebook and get responses and comments there but it would be nice to know who outside my circle of Facebook friends reads it.

To that end I'm going to finish setting up the writer's page I've been fiddling with on Facebook and never quite getting around to finishing. Then I'll try sending my little blog out into the wider world via links on that - and among my New Years resolutions (AKA the100 Day Goal challenge) is the plan to write/post a blog post at least once a week.

If you've never heard of the 100 Day Goal (which I think I wrote about earlier in the year) and you are a born procrastinator like me I highly recommend it. The idea is that you achieve big things by micro-actions and it really does work. It's free, too. I also belong to a small, closed Facebook group of fellow participants and that I find is very helpful in keeping me accountable. The next challenge begins on January 1 and if you want to learn more about it this is the link to the website. 

2 comments:

Graham Clements said...

Look forward to reading your blog posts. Your goal of one a week is admirable. I must get back to blogging more often. I did four years ago, but ironically my BA in internet communications put an end to that as I didn't have time. As I plan to read two books a month, reviews of them will hopefully fill up 24 blog posts.

Helen V. said...

Nice to hear from you, Graham. Study does take up time but so worth it. I look forward to your book reviews. I'm always interested to hear of new(to me at least) books.