Thursday, March 12, 2020

In A Time Of Trouble

it's nice to see something hopeful and pretty like this, don't you think.



Here's the story. A couple of months ago I was gifted with a pot of lisianthus in full bloom. It was like a glorious growing bouquet of flowers that lasted for around ten days inside on a fairly bright lit table. 

The instruction card that came with them said if you put them outside in a sheltered position once they ceased flowering they would bloom again so I found a spot among the mint pots and watered them diligently and waited - and waited. Nothing. I was losing hope but I'm never one to give up on what I can grow - I was told thirty years ago that you can't grow ginger here and I've been growing and harvesting it ever since - so I kept on watering the pot every time I watered the mints. And today I got my reward. Two blossoms out and more on the way. Lovely, aren't they.

No comments: