Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Busy, Busy, Busy

So that's one review done - under great difficulty I might add because Mr Kitty has recently decided that the laptop keyboard is the place to lie but only when I'm trying to type. Of course, if I can persuade him to move his body, then typing fingers are just me wanting a game, aren't they, and if I put a hand out of sight under the desk to save it from attack I'm playing a weird game of hide and seek. I have tried shutting him out but then the heart rending miaows make work impossible so I'll just have to live with grabbing moments like the current one - he's curled up in a patch of sun on the end of my desk for now.

So what is my plan for the rest of the day? Well, I'm heading off to a Pilates class soon but otherwise I'm going to reread Glenda Larke's The Fall of the Dagger (another 'I can't put it down' book that I got a few months back) with the aim of reviewing it, too.  Lee Battersby's Magrit and Stephen Dedman's North of the Dragonlands are two others I want to get to review sooner rather than later and there's a whole pile of others as well.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Good luck. Great series of Glenda's. She is already writing something new. I haven't read a book of hers which I haven't enjoyed.

Helen V. said...

I love Glenda's work, too, and when we met up at Conflux a few years ago she had this series brewing. It sounded fascinating and it is.